A perfect private full day tour – visit ‘The Sound of Music’ film locations, enjoy breakfast at the beautiful Rococo Palace 'Schloss Leopoldskron' as well as a lunch special at the world class restaurant Obauer and furthermore learn more about the real-life of the Von Trapp family.
The tour continues to the picturesque Alpine village called Werfen where we follow Maria’s footstep on the Sound of Music Hiking Trail – the famous opening scene with breathtaking views. For more information about the Sound of Music Trail please see our news about the opening ceremony.
On our way back we arranged a lunch special (optional for 35 Euros) at Obauer, one of the most exclusive restaurants in Europe awarded by the French Guide Gault Millau with 4 toque and 19 points.
After lunch visit the spectacular Fortress Hohenwerfen, not only part of Sound of Music but also film location for the movie `Where Eagles Dare´ with Richard Burton and Clint Eastwood in 1968. The last part of the tour takes you via scenic mountain roads to Mondsee visiting the wedding cathedral where the romantic wedding in the movie was filmed - a perfect place to end a perfect day.
- Private Tour of The Sound of Music film locations in Salzburg, Salzkammergut and Werfen
- Start your day with breakfast inside Schloss Leopoldskron
- Sing 'Sixteen Going on Seventeen' at the real Gazebo, in the garden of Hellbrunn Palace
- In Werfen hike on the new Sound of Music Trail and have a break at the same meadow, where Maria sang “do re mi” with the children
- Lunch at Obauer one of the top three restaurants in Austria (optional)
- Visit the remarkable Fortress Hohenwerfen (also known from the movie), dating back over 900 years
- Visit the beautiful Lake District, Salzkammergut, and the Sound of Music Wedding Cathedral in Mondsee
Course of action
Between 8:30 - 8:45 am pick-up at your city hotel or 8:45 am meeting at the bus terminal at Mirabell square - Hubert-Sattler-Gasse 1
9:00 am breakfast at the Palace Leopoldskron
Visit the Gazebo at Hellbrunn
The tour continuous to Werfen (Sound of Music Trail)
Either lunch at Obauer one of the top three restaurants in Austria (optional) or some free time to explore the town of Werfen
Visit the Fortress Hohenwerfen dating back more than 900 years.
Via scenic mountain roads to the Lakes and Mountain Area – Mondsee
Total rates incl. all admissions